Cheap and nice
Let's be objective: the New Year is not at all a cheap pleasure. Is it possible to save on gifts and preparation without depriving yourself of the pleasure of the upcoming holidays? Use the tips of the "Home".
Time is money, and in the case of preparations for the New Year, this rule is true as never before. The less time you have, the more expensive you will pay for everything - from gifts to champagne.
If you have to congratulate friends and acquaintances in other cities and countries, preinstall Skype on your home computer (www.skype.com) This can significantly save. Calls through the program to mobile phones in the USA and Europe cost from 2 cents per minute.
Get rid of unnecessary things. The end of the year is the perfect time for spring cleaning. Understand cabinets and put aside things that you don’t use. From time to time, we all buy clothes or accessories that we don’t wear then, or receive gifts that turn out to be useless. Divide such things into three groups. Firstly, what can be used for gifts to not the closest acquaintances. Secondly, what can be sold. Web sites will help you here. www.molotok.ru, www.meshok.ru, www.irr.ru. Thirdly, things that can be given to charitable organizations. Feel free to throw out anything that does not fall into any of the groups.
Make a list in advance of everyone you need to give something this year. Be sure to include some “impersonal” gifts on this list that may suit anyone. After all, even if it seems to you that you remembered everyone, it will surely turn out that you forgot someone.
- Next to each item, write the approximate amount that you are willing to spend on a gift, calculate the total budget. Too much? Then you have to make changes.
- If you have to congratulate the whole family, buy one common gift for everyone, for example, a board game in which parents can play with their children.
- Do not neglect special offers in stores. The option “buy two sets of Christmas decorations - get a third for free” is quite suitable if you are not going to give the same gifts to people who know each other.
- Another budget option: buy sets, which can then be divided into several small symbolic gifts.
Often a homemade gift is much better than a useless symbol of the year, which are bought up in huge quantities before the holidays.
- For example, a cookie that you baked with your daughter and packed in a beautiful box is a touching gift for a teacher.
- Another simple and win-win option for a home-made gift: take a beautiful jar, put dried fruits (prunes, dried apricots, figs), nuts (walnuts, almonds, Brazil, hazelnuts or a mixture of nuts) and fill with liquid honey. Let it brew for a week, tie a festive ribbon and boldly give. On a cold winter evening, your gift will be very welcome.
- Packaging can also be done by yourself. In order not to have to buy several options for wrappers and packing tapes, arrange a small celebration. Invite your closest friends with your children. Let everyone bring one type of paper and ribbons, and also seize gifts. So the process itself will become more fun, and the packaging will be inexpensive and diverse. By the way, all this can be turned into an annual holiday tradition.
Have you still not bought anything online? This omission needs to be urgently corrected, since prices on the Web often differ significantly from store prices, especially if you know a few tricks.
- If you need to choose several gifts at once, try to find them on one site. For example, on sites ozon.ru or labirint.ru there are books, CDs, toys, and much more. So you save on shipping, since on most pages free shipping is offered only if you make a purchase for a certain amount.
- Even if you are not going to buy anything, it is better to carry out preliminary training on the Internet - compare prices, find out about the availability of goods, read reviews. So you save time and money that you would spend on gas, parking
- Do not neglect foreign sites. Many of them deliver to Russia, and even taking into account the cost of shipping, the price can be very attractive.
On the t-itanium.livejournal.com You can find information about different stores, prices, discounts and delivery conditions, consult with those who have already bought something abroad.
Refrain from impulsive purchases
If you liked something during a shopping trip that you were not going to buy at all, take a break. Wait a day or two, look for similar things in other stores and on the Internet, read reviews about similar products. If after two days you don’t change your mind, return to the store and buy your favorite item.
You do not have time to buy gifts for everyone?
- If there are only a few days left before the New Year, and you still haven't had time to buy gifts for someone, stop shopping. Let those whom you did not have time to make happy receive a box of chocolates and a bottle of budget champagne from the nearest supermarket.
- If you like to solve all problems at once, this option will suit you: make a list of everything you need, take a day off from work and buy everything you need within one day. It is done!
Facts and Figures
- Most Russians would like to receive money as a gift for the New Year.
- The most common New Year's gift in Russia is sweets and sweets, in second place are New Year's toys and souvenirs, in third are cosmetics and perfumes.
- 22% of our compatriots use the holidays to do household chores or make repairs.
- 11% of respondents give nothing to loved ones on New Year
PHOTO: EAST NEWS, FOTOBANK / GETTY. STATISTICS OF THE RESEARCH DATA OF THE LEVADA CENTER