Traveler Syndrome> How to Reschedule Air Travel?
How to reschedule a flight?
Long air travel is a serious test for our body.
Firstly, the plane has to sit for a long time without movement. Secondly, low pressure in the cabin, dry air and constant humming badly affect our well-being.
Doctors even have a term - traveler’s syndrome.
But unpleasant surprises during air travel can be avoided by observing some rules:
- Change your body position more often and try to move more. It’s useful to once again walk around the cabin to stretch.
- During take-off and landing, it usually lays ears, and sometimes there is pain in the ears. Frequent swallowing movements help reduce these discomforts or avoid them. Stock up on sweets for resorption, preferably with a sour citrus flavor.
- Drink plenty of fluids on the plane, but avoid alcohol, strong tea and coffee (they have astringent and dehydrating effects). Best of all is mineral water, juice and / or dry wine.
- Do not cross your legs during the flight - this will help to avoid unnecessary pressure on the veins and stagnation of blood in the vessels of the legs and pelvis.
- Use special devices: inflatable pillows (will help relieve tension in the neck) and a roller for the lower back.
- Clothing and shoes should be comfortable and loose socks or knee-high socks with tight and dense elastic bands disturb blood circulation!
- If possible, stretch your legs in flight and take off your shoes to avoid swelling. Phlebologists advise to stretch your feet more often.
- If you are sick of it, do not eat fat and sweet in front of the road. It is better to hit the road with a light bite of fruit or vegetable salad and yogurt. It is recommended to take funds from motion sickness some time before the flight (according to the instructions). And keep in mind: from alcohol nausea only worsens. Mineral non-carbonated water (in small sips), as well as the smell of orange or cloves, will help to remove it. By the way, American scientists have found that oranges have a blood-thinning effect, so take them with you on the go and eat on health!
- If you have vascular problems, take a quarter tablet of aspirin before you fly.
PHOTO: FOTOBANK / GETTY, MASTERFILE / EAST NEWS
Subscribe to the news and keep abreast of the most interesting and useful news.
We have sent a confirmation email to your email.